Thursday, December 24, 2009

Adding the missing features...








That shawl was still very tricky to pull off, so I did some improvising. Using Maria's research (and a bit of creative improvisation...which I hope wasn't too dangerous), I tried to approximate what the wrapped dress might look like underneath the shawl (pulled over the shoulders and pinned). This actually might have worked out nicely for me, since a shawl would have covered her belt and bag. Now everything can still be seen. :-) Also, I added her sandals based on the Poma illustrations (I remember looking at some in Anne's collection, but she never gave me the pictures...so again, more creative improvisation). Over the next couple days, I'm going to incorporate these shots into a semi-interactive Javascript webpage that will let the user mouse over certain clothing items and have them light up on some Poma illustrations (with corresponding images of my lady model showing up as well). True, the project deadline has passed, but I still want to follow through with the webpage to showcase my (and Maria's) effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment