Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Step 3 Progress (1)

Okay, I was out of commission there for a while due to a dead monitor. But I've been able to borrow one and I'm back in business! I met with Anne yesterday and she helped me pin down (tupu pins, ha!) the kind of outfit that an upper-middle class female in Kuzco might have worn. I have run across several issues, though (apart from my dead monitor):
  • Clenching teeth in the original model. I'll try to go in and fix this. I guess I didn't notice them as much when she was blue. While I'm in there, I could try and scale the head to make it more round too...
  • "Swishing" skirts and shawls. The only way to have these cloth pieces move in real-time (inside Ogre) is to use a physics engine. Meaning, I can model them, but if I do, they will not "swish" as the woman walks. So, I think my current plan of attack will be to model the fixed clothing items (belt, headband, pouch tucked in belt, sandals), and then see how much time I have left from there to work with the physics.
  • Potential clipping of polygon meshes, specifically between her hair and her head. When I go to attach the model to a skeleton, I'm guessing the hair is going to have a ridiculous mind of its own and clip through her head in odd ways. Either I can paint waits to try and fix this, or the hair strips could be simulated in real-time with the physics engine (along with the skirt and shawl.
I hope she doesn't look like she's wearing make-up. I actually pulled her eyes right off of an image of a pretty Peruvian woman. :-) Maybe I'll try to lighten the eyelashes a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment